With this new and exceptional piece, Reuge honours 125 years of aviation history since Lawrence Hargrave invented the “box kite” in 1893, which is generally considered to be the precursor of the subsequent bi-planes and consequently today’s airplanes. Few years later, Orville Wright piloted the first powered airplane 20 feet above a wind-swept beach in Kitty Hawk. These very first modest steps have led to today’s ever-advancing aviation and would lead the way for mankind greatest accomplishment. Meanwhile, on the other side of the ocean, in the Swiss mountains, mechanical music boxes were bringing emotional experiences to the world. Today, these two worlds unite with REUGE’s newest and greatest piece: the “BIPLANE”. The two authentically shaped wings of the plane house one of the most complicated movements of the world of music automaton: Cartel fusée 144 notes. With an unparalleled sound quality and a plethora of technical achievements, it is truly a masterpiece. A tremendous achievement of design and craftsmanship – a piece to cherish every day.
64 cm x 27 cm x 17 cm
- Wings in Walnut wood, pedestal in aluminium
- Movement Cartel fusée 4 melodies, 144 notes
- REUGE 144-note keyboard
- Manufacture movement (Fusee Cartel 4.144) produced and assembled by hand in our workshops in Sainte Croix,Switzerland.
- More than 3’600 pins on the cylinder and 144-note keyboard.
- Manual and individual tuning of comb according to the melodies.
- With a beautiful polished nickel plated finishAbout 50-second per tune.
- +/- 17-minute power reserve.
- Personalised tune indicator.