ENCHANTING BIRDS – BLUE
When birds sing, it’s like a flying-visit to heaven; they take ahold of our soul and transport us. Those who listen are reminded of their connection to nature and called back to the beauty of the present moment. There is an unspeakable emotion in a birdsong. REUGE’s latest collection of Tabatières named “Enchanting Birds” features a bird automaton and its magical tune in a larger than life creation.
Upon activation of a lever, the colorful animal pops out of the automaton where it was hidden from view under an oval cover. The bird consists of no less than 250 mechanical pieces at work, all assembled by hand in the brand’s atelier in Sainte-Croix. It flaps its wings and moves every joint of its small body in unison with an enchanting tune. The spectacle is so accurate that it almost seems like a real bird. The new collection of Tabatières attest to REUGE’s ability to observe and draw inspiration from the nature surrounding it. The automaton’s uncanny realism is a testimony to the brand’s ingenuity and know-how. The complexity behind the movement is the key to uniqueness.
12.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Stainless Steel and Rhodium singing bird box, polished glass panels
- Automaton movement with singing bird
- Movement composed of 250 mechanical pieces, assembled by hand in our workshops in Sainte-Croix, Switzerland
- Bird in Titanium and White gold, composed of 28 components
- Animation of the bird: 10 to 12 seconds
- Running reserve: about 7 times the working cycle
- Weight : 1.5 kg / Dimensions : 12.5 x 7.5 x 4.5 cm