ENCHANTING BIRDS – GREEN CANARY
REUGE demonstrates its inventiveness with its recent creation, the Green Canary, which is crowing the “Enchanting Birds’ line. It is meant as a tribute to an endangered bird. The Green Canary owes its name to the color of its plumage. By returning to the first bird in the lineage, REUGE wishes to respect the splendor of its song and to honor its beauty and scarcity.
Upon activation of a lever, the colorful animal pops out of the automaton where it was hidden from view under an oval cover. The bird consists of no less than 250 mechanical pieces at work, all assembled by hand in the brand’s atelier in Sainte-Croix. It flaps its wings and moves every joint of its small body in unison with an enchanting tune. The spectacle is so accurate that it almost seems like a real bird.
12 cm x 7 cm x 4.5 cm
- Limited Edition : 36
- Rose gold plated singing bird box, polished glass panels
- Automaton movement with singing bird
- Movement composed of more 250 mechanical pieces, assembled by hand
- Bird in Titanium and White gold, composed of 28 components
- Animation of the bird: about 14 seconds
- Running reserve: about 7 times the working cycle
- Weight : 0.8 kg / Dimensions : 12 x 7 x 4.5 cm