MUSIC MACHINE 1 RELOADED
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…
Reuge and MB&F joined forces to create a high-end Machine Machine. Nearly a decade later, they come together to unveil a new edition streamlined by German designer Maximilan Maertens, the Music Machine 1 Reloaded.
With its dual propellers and twin silver cylinders mounted on sleek outrigger landing gear, MusicMachine 1 Reloaded still looks like a spaceship hailing from a galaxy far, far away. Just slightly different than before.
One big change is that the entire body is now made of anodized aluminium, in contrast to the wood of the original MusicMachine.
It features two 72-note movements which offer technical precision combined with the richest and purest of sounds available.
The optimized fuselage’s design and the platform provided offer the highest standard of acoustic performance.
The movement is luxuriously finished, in meticulous detail, with a satin-finished and polished base-plate so as to play with the lights.
Music Machine 1 Reloaded is available in black, blue and red and each color is a limited edition of 33 pieces.
47.6 cm x 38.1 cm x 14 cm
DescriptionCase & Platform
- Main body: anodized aluminium
- Outriggers: Bead-blasted and anodised aluminium; black matte-anodised for black version
- Acoustically-enhancing platform: black wood matt finish
- Mainplate: nickel-plated brass. The mainplate holds both movements; each movement includes a mainspring, cylinder, comb and regulator.
- Mainsprings: wound via propellers.
- Barrels: stainless steel; each with 6 heat-blued screws on top; grooved “piston” sides
- Regulator: fan in stainless steel
- One melody = one revolution of the cylinder
- Three melodies per cylinder
- Length of each melody: approx. 35 seconds
- Power reserve per cylinder: approx. 10 minutes
- Pins hand-applied and hand-polished
- Length of pins: 1mm; diameter of pins: 0.3mm
- Pins per right cylinder: 1,279; pins per left cylinder: 1,399
- Combs: steel alloy and lead; 72 teeth per comb; each comb attached to brass vibration plate by six heat-blued steel screws